How to become a member
Apply online with a credit card at the PMI web site. Click on “Join” to the top right of the page, then chose the appropriate type of membership. Select PMINigeria Chapter in the chapter listings page and “Add to cart”.
Choose the SIGs or Colleges relevant to your industry or interests. A complete list of these is available at the PMI web site under “Global Membership and Communities ”. Then click on “Checkout” and follow the process to pay.
If your organization has a group of 15 or more individuals wishing to join, PMI offers a Group Billing Plan scheme. The purpose is to make the process of applying for membership and administration of memberships easier for you, there is no group discount. Contact us for more.
The Group Billing Plan scheme is flexible; existing PMI members can count towards the 15 minimum members and more staff can be added to the scheme during the year if you wish. Most organizations find that the Group Billing Plan is a great way to ensure a group of project managers all join the PMI at one time.
How to add Nigeria Lagos Membership
If you are a PMI member, but haven't yet joined the PMINigeria Chapter go to the main PMI web site and log in. Your user name is your PMI membership number, unless you have changed it. If you cannot remember your password, click on “Forgot Password?” and an email remainder will be sent. This usually takes a few seconds to arrive.
Click on “Marketplace” then “Community Membership” then “Chapter” and select the Lagos Nigeria Chapter.
Click on Join and follow the process to pay.
Current costs for PMI Lagos Nigeria Membership is $40 USD with a reduced rate of $10 USD for students in full time education. PMI Lagos chapter is always willing to assist. For individuals who do not have credit cards, the chapter comes in takes care of this.
Assisted by Lagos Chapter (for individuals who do not have credit cards)
- Log on to the PMI website, www.pmi.org, click ‘register now’ and follow the 3 steps to register,
- Go to ‘My profile’ to complete and update your profile information,
- Send in your login details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then send our account details for you to effect payment.
|Below is a breakdown of fees|
|Registration PMI Global||$ 129|
|PMI LN chapter||$ 30|
|PMI Application fee||$ 10|
|Bank transfer charges||$ 10|
The account details include:
Account name: PMINigeria Chapter
Account no: 000 585 9675
- Send scanned evidence of payment and allow for 5 working days to enable us process your request.
- You will receive notification via email. A membership package will also be sent to you.
How to renew your membership
Keep your edge! Renewal is easy. Within 90 days of your membershipexpiring, log-in at www.pmi.org, and click on the link to renew your membership. PMI has incorporated a shopping cart format, and will show your PMI Membership renewal, as well as the renewal of your Chapters and SIGs. The PMINigeria Chapter will show as an item on this screen. Take advantage of the new payment package for Nigerian members.
Renewal fee is now $65 while the chapter fee is still $30.
To renew, simply click on the link that says “checkout” and you will be taken to the billing area. Enter your payment information, and press the submit button. You are done! It really is that easy… and you retain all the benefits of your PMI Lagos Nigeria Membership including: Guest speakers, special events, PMI Lagos Nigeria specific news, volunteer opportunities, PDU and professional development training opportunities, and much more! Don’t miss out! Renew your PMI Lagos Nigeria membership before it expires!
Student Membership Enhancements for 2013As from the 1 January 2013, the student membership enhancements are going live on PMI’s website. There are two
- The definition is changing from “must be enrolled in a degree-granting program” to “must be enrolled full time in a degree-granting program.”
- Also, PMI is removing the $10 application fee for new and rejoining student members. So all student memberships after 1/1/2013 will be $32 (no student membership will have the $10 application fee applied after 1/1/2013). So if there is any reference to this $10 application fee on student memberships and/or the prices displayed, it will need to be removed as well. As an FYI, the $10 application fee will still apply to new and rejoining regular individual memberships.